[lug] Network interconnection question....

Dave Pitts dpitts at cozx.com
Wed Jun 27 19:12:48 MDT 2007

Hello:

I've a got an internal (to the Linux box) network question. First the
scenario:

1. I've got a tunnel interface running that connects to an emulator
(Hercules)
   that is running the IBM s390 Linux.

2. A Linux host with a single ethernet connection.

All is well so far. Now I want to configure the network (I don't have
sufficient network addresses to subnet) such that the ethernet interface has
two IP addresses and bridge (or whatever) to the tunnel interface.

To look like this:

        +----------------------------------+

        |               +---- local services
        |               |
        |               |
--------+---- eth0 -----+
        |               |
        |               tun0
        |               |
        |               +---- Hercules (s390 Linux)

        +-----------------------------------+

The tun0 interface addresses are configured with non-routable IP address:

10.90.1.1 <-> 10.90.1.2

And the Ethernet (for example) to have the addresses:

205.250.10.4 and 205.250.10.5

Where the second eth0 address connects to the 10.90.1.0 network.
And the first ethernet address works normally.

I've tried several things without success. Any Ideas???

--
Dave Pitts             PULLMAN: Travel and sleep in safety and comfort.
dpitts at cozx.com        My other RV IS a Pullman (Colorado Pine).