[lug] Firewall / Lockdown questions

Ben Whaley bwhaley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 19:24:32 MDT 2007

You can find out exactly what is running on those ports by doing:

sudo /sbin/fuser 623/tcp
sudo /sbin/fuser 664/tcp

This will return the PIDs using this port> then you can do ps auxww |
grep <PID>.

Also, re: your observation above that sendmail.cf does not contain the
aforementioned line, you should look in sendmail.mc, NOT sendmail.cf.
I would strongly recommend never editing sendmail.cf directly (unless
you're Eric Allman).