[lug] standalone sendmail

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Nov 22 09:30:07 MST 2007

karl horlen wrote:
[...]
> I actually do receive mail at my ISP address from the
> local server without configuring the smart relay.  But
> it's littered with the "Domain of sender does not
> exist" errors and a "Returned mail:" subject versus
> the actual subject.

It sounds to me that ssmtp and the remote server are irrelevant.  You
don't have your local sendmail using a valid domain when it sends
messages.  So all you should do is tell it to use a domain that works.

I've never had a need to use sendmail but you should be able to find the
right configuration in the docs.

Dave