[lug] BLUG_talk > /dev/youtube ?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Sat Jan 19 21:52:01 MST 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 16:56 -0700, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 08:56:07AM -0700, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> >Heh.  Not as easy as one might like; see
>
> Indeed.  I started looking at doing this 3 years or so ago and decided to
> pass on it at the time.  I just didn't have the time to fart with getting
> it really set up and doing the appropriate transcoding and everything that
> would be required.  It may be that MythTV makes this easier now.

Nuvexport is a command line tool I used to use for this.  It worked okay
and could be set up as a script to automate the process.  But I'd just
do it manually for my VHS recordings.

MythTV 0.20 now includes a plugin called MythArchive which is supposed
to make transcoding easier.  I haven't used it yet.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               Ximba End User Software
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.ximba.org