[lug] cell phones with linux

karl horlen horlenkarl at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 15:14:47 MDT 2008

since i'm not familiar with cell phone development or cell phones generally, what good would having an open OS for a cell phone provide  without the gui or driver source?

would i still be able to develop app(let)s for it?

would i be able to directly access, copy and edit my contact list or address book using bash cmds / filters?