[lug] Fixed-width fonts for email?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Dec 5 06:28:38 MST 2008

Jeffrey Haemer wrote:
> Me, I'm interested in who still regularly uses mail clients with fixed-width
> fonts.  It's why I asked.

The example art so far has shown up just fine in my Thunderbird.  I have it
configured to prefer (but not require) text on the receiving end, and to
send plain-text on the outbound side.

One situation I run into sometimes is people who send out
"multipart/alternate" messages with an empty text representation.  The
alternate designation means that the different parts are just different
views of the same content.  So the people sending these out are effectively
saying that their carefully-crafted HTML messages are content-free.  :-)

now-if-i-could-just-stop-trying-to-educate-them-ly y'rs,
Sean