[lug] OT, Functional Languages

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jan 28 20:36:21 MST 2009

Stephen Queen wrote:
> I was wondering if anybody on this list had any experience with theses
> functional languages, and/or had any comments?

Functional languages are the future of programming.  And always will be.

In the early '80s when I was learning to program it was LISP and Prolog.
I'm not saying functional languages are bullshit or anything, I definitely
think they are useful to learn.  I'm just saying that the idea that they're
the new hotness is an old one.

For example, Prolog taught me to think differently about code and data and
how data impacted code flow.

Sean