[lug] NAS recommendations?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Oct 29 17:57:36 MDT 2009

Apple's Time Capsule here.  Setup was brain-dead simple.  Macs
are happy, they can automatically use it for Time Machine
backups, and anything else in the house can access shared drive
space on it via CIFS, too.

It was just a "bonus" that I got a good 802.11n router with
gigabit ports, a USB print server, and can also plug USB disks
into it for more space, for one relatively low price when you
factor buying all of those items, too... and I also got to
simplify my network by uninstalling all the individual devices
that handled all those duties previously.
--
  Nate Duehr
  nate at natetech.com

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:46 -0600, "Jeffrey Haemer"