[lug] Proposed: Standards for BLUG postings.

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 16:56:51 MST 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 10:37, Walter Pienciak
<wpiencia at thunderdome.ieee.org> wrote:
> Communications is hard.  But a little effort can go a long way.

I'll try to do my best.

> There are even RFCs on this stuff for those younguns who have
> limited context based on a shorter passage to date through the
> time-space continuum, and don't appreciate the limitations and
> wide variety of challenges others may have to deal with.
>
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5322.txt  Internet Message Format
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt  Netiquette Guidelines
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bottom_posting

I don't want to flame, and as I said, I'll do all I can. But from your
own links:
<< Some people claim that top-posting is bad practice because it
doesn't follow RFC 1855. However the RFC is only a "request for
comments" and it describes itself as a set of recommendations, not an
official standard in any sense. >>

Moreover, the wikipedia page goes long in expressing impartiality
among all the three (top, bottom, inline) style of postings. Each one
has its own pros and cons.

Bye,
;Dav