[lug] problem compiling Ubuntu kernel

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Jan 22 07:27:15 MST 2010

bgiles wrote:
> Hi,  I'm trying to build my ubuntu kernel since JFS is not included by
> default (modules don't help when your root partition is in JFS)

The modules go in your initramfs.  I have root on LVM and on LVM-on-RAID and the dm and md drivers
are modules in all cases.  Running update-initramfs should build you an image that works (certainly
for the running kernel but also for a new kernel with the right options--that's how Debian handles
upgrades).

I don't know anything about LIRC, sorry.
Dave