[lug] Wireless problem

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Fri Sep 3 09:50:03 MDT 2010

On 9/3/2010 7:28 AM, Chris Riddoch wrote:
> I'm also looking for other open access points of less user-hostile
> networks in downtown Denver, within walking distance of the campus, in
> the meantime.

User-hostile because of the congestion, or because your Linux machine
doesn't work? :)

 From my experiences (all entirely bad) with Linux wireless, the fault
with AP association is certainly somewhere in the Linux software.

Any system where the order of the iwconfig arguments makes a difference
and the programmers tell you to use NetworkManager instead of bothering
to fix it is more broken than not in my opinion.