[lug] linux friendly (comcast) cable modem

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 19:47:58 MST 2011

Hi

(it looks like it's only me asking questions these days - thanks a lot
to everybody  for answering, I do read everything and try everything,
even if I don't reply to everything - I'll report when I'll settle on
something)

Next question: I need to cut my monthly expenses, so I'd like to buy a
cable modem instead of renting. I have this model:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Scientific+Atlanta+DPC2100&cid=13210343985441865160
(rented from comcast at $7/mo, from next month!)
Question is: if I buy it (and return the rented one) do I or comcast
need to do anything to set it up? If so, can I do the setup from
linux? Recommendation for other models welcome too.

Thanks
;Dav