[lug] online meeting software for linux

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Tue Jan 4 12:11:19 MST 2011

----- Davide Del Vento <davide.del.vento at gmail.com> wrote: -----

> Hi,
> I was wondering if there is any software that would allow me to have
> an "online" meeting, that is, I have a speaker (say myself)
> "projecting" my slides (and possibly desktop, e.g. shell or other
> stuff) and talking. Ideally people would be able to watch me realtime
> in a browser. In a perfect world they would be able to pose questions,
> but I understand that would be too much for me to ask in this world
> :-)

Big Blue Button, http://www.bigbluebutton.org which is also a Google Code project.

Linux ETC has set up a system and will be testing it with CLUE (Colorado Linux Users and Enthusiasts) in our upcoming meetings (as a donated service to CLUE).  If folks wish to sign up for an account (viewer only, unless you will be giving a presentation for CLUE of course) go to http://clue.linux-etc.com and hit the User Login/Registration button (the captcha is case sensitive too).

Features:
- Can upload PDF or PPT (or similar formats) slides.
- White board feature to "mark up" said slides.
- Voice conferencing controlled by the presenter(s) and/or moderator(s).
- Web cam conferencing for the presenter(s).
- Shared desktop of the presenter (portion or whole).

If folks wish to give this a test run, drop me an email off list.

If there is enough interest for the Boulder LUG to use this on a regular basis, let me know and we can work something out.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA