[lug] another addition to the "Getting started" discussion

Ash Mohatt ash.mohatt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 08:05:37 MDT 2011

Good Morning!

I am "not in the pool yet:" but have gotten my feet wet. I have met most of the prereqs, still a few suggestions from you all to follow. I might become redundant in my current position, so I'm looking for a way to jump into the IT pool head first.
As an introductory IT professional, are comptia certifications a good way of getting in the door? I'm looking at getting the A+, server+ and Linux+ in addition to the ACMT from Apple. Is this money wasted?