[lug] How to implement Authentication on Disparate OS?

Fri Jul 15 15:22:50 MDT 2011

It seems like if a person has access to Machine A, they're not a spoofer. They're Machine A, which is what you're trying to insure.

What do you want to be certain of? A particular user? A particular program?

You might take a TiVo approach and send the fingerprint of the program doing the submission.

Or, you could use an automatic keyed ssh to periodically download a changing password, which your program reads and sends before it submits it's data, and then set Machine B to only accept data preceded by that password.

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
RHCE MCT MCSE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freedom is better when you earn it. Learn Linux.