[lug] linux laptop search

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Sep 18 14:50:31 MDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-09-18 at 14:08 -0600, Quentin Hartman wrote:
> This might be just the machine for you:
> http://www.techdigest.tv/2013/05/acers_aspire_r7.html

Looks cool.  But I have to nix it just on price - I got the insurance
summary today and I've only got about $600 to work with to replace the
old laptop.

I'm thinking this Acer instead:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314151

I wish they made these things in interesting colors.  Variations on
black seem to rule the laptop world.  Target and Best Buy appear have
comparable systems.  I may run by there tonight to look them over.

Before I got the insurance stuff I guessed I'd only have about $400 to
work with, so was thinking of this Acer:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314104

At least it was red.

--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org