[lug] Implementing Vacation

George Sexton georges at mhsoftware.com
Thu Sep 11 12:13:33 MDT 2014

I'm looking for ideas on how to implement vacation for mail accounts.
The users are not really very technical, so the simpler the better.

I did have a win32 program that I used, but that required them to have a
mapping out to the server. Because of some changes I'd rather not do that.

I'm thinking of doing a web interface that would prompt the user for the
message and their password. When they submit the form, I'd do some
process as their user name and put the file in. I was thinking of using
a tomcat/jsp page to get the user data, and then using an SSH library to
create the .forward and the .vacation.msg files.

Does anyone have any thing their using that works OK for non-technical
users?

--
George Sexton
*MH Software, Inc.*