[lug] Looking for a good simple reminder program

Jed S. Baer blug at jbaer.cotse.net
Thu Mar 8 10:39:23 MST 2018

On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 21:31:43 -0700
Simos wrote:

> You should be able to get systray reminders through your DE's
> notification service.

Looking around a bit, it appears that these notify daemons are focused on
doing popups. notify-send provides no capability for icon-only operation,
that I can tell, and in fact, it seems that the systray icon is optional
for notifications using this facility. The "hint" capability would seem to
be something specific to the notifier daemon/program. mate-notifier-daemon
provides no manpage. etc. etc. etc.

It would seem I'll have to write some code. Oh shucky-darns! :)