[lug] SD write timeouts, drive appears to be fine

DLWillson DLWillson at TheGeek.NU
Sat Dec 22 08:16:06 MST 2018

Nobody said badblocks, so I will. I've used it to cure and kill flaky drives.
I would absolutely try it in the current situation, after pulling a backup (files or image, whichever's appropriate) to known good storage.
David L. Willson720-333-LANS

-------- Original message --------
From: Matt James <matuse at gmail.com>
Date: 12/21/18  11:23 PM  (GMT-07:00)
Subject: Re: [lug] SD write timeouts, drive appears to be fine

IMHO, for a drive that's approaching 8 years of power on and starting to possibly show errors - probably time to consider replacing it.  At least make sure that you're not relying on it for anything too important.  Drives are inexpensive enough that it's cheap insurance.
That said, If you can't be certain it's the drive, I'd explore the controller.  Maybe move it to another port or try a different controller all together.

My $0.02
Matt