[lug] Mixing Ubuntu and Fedora Bootloaders

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Mon Dec 23 18:29:48 MST 2019

On 12/22/2019 12:48 PM, D. Stimits wrote:
> The other disk contains both Ubuntu and Fedora, and I need to put the
> Fedora bootloader back on to the disk which the update unfortunately
> caused to be the Ubuntu bootloader

You are going to need to write custom GRUB scripts for both Ubuntu and
Fedora.

Both Fedora and Ubuntu have the scripts in /etc/grub.d. I would
recommend building a submenu for each OS and having each one build its
boot scripts into its submenu.

--
                 Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                         Study Hard -- Be Evil