[lug] debugging workstation issue

Maxwell Spangler lists at maxwellspangler.com
Thu Apr 9 21:17:32 MDT 2020

Sometimes on my intel based laptop with integrated Intel GMA drivers,
the GUI display will lock up.
Can you CONTROL-ALT-F2 (or f3, f4, etc) to get to an alternate console?
If so, you can then login on a text console and use 'dmesg' and
'journalctl -f' to see what's going on.
Due to bugs in X-windows/Gnome/intel drivers/whatever this happens to
me a lot and for all my love for Linux I have to reboot it a lot to get
back to a normal GUI display.

--
Maxwell Spangler

Denver, Colorado, USA