[lug] Fedora on a slab

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Wed Feb 24 15:57:18 MST 2021

On 2/24/21 12:33 PM, Davide Del Vento wrote:
> Have you asked if they would sell it to you without memory or with the
> lowest option available for you to upgrade it on your own?

You need to watch out for RAM with Lenovo these days. Maybe on all
laptops, I am not sure.

On many of them the RAM is soldered onto the motherboard. Then you have
the option to double the RAM with a SODIMM stick.

So if the base model comes with 8 GB you can add another 8 GB for
dual-channel. I guess you could add 16 GB for 24 GB total but you end up
with that disgusting "dual channel for 16 GB and single for the rest"
behavior.

--
                 Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                         Study Hard -- Be Evil