[lug] 14 Characters

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Jun 16 19:03:31 MDT 2021

Maxwell Spangler said on Wed, 16 Jun 2021 17:22:47 -0600

>This happen to anyone else?
>
>You're working away doing something and realize you don't have to think
>about it much anymore because things have changed so much?
>
>I'm just now renaming a folder and realizing I can't remember what
>characters are allowed or not allowed (other than obviously no '/'
>character on Linux, Unix, Mac, etc).

I just deal with the characters *I* allow: 0-9, a-z, A-Z, dot, dash,
underscore, and for directory separators, slash. Matter of fact, I
seldom use dash.

There's a special place in hell for the people who allowed whitespace
in filenames.

SteveT

Steve Litt