[lug] rpm rebuild with patch

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Tue Mar 20 23:14:33 MST 2001

I'm trying to get some crypto patches in, and wanted to apply this
through rpm instead of removing the rpm and installing pure tarball.
Basically, I'm wondering what the best way would be to apply a patch to
a source rpm so that it could be rebuilt in its original name (or some
patchlevel to)? What I am thinking is possibly this:
1) Do initial rpm --rebuild.
2) Get the tarball created from the rebuild in the /usr/src/redhat/
area.
3) patch that tarball and re-tar it and place it back into the
/usr/src/redhat/ area.
4) Somehow rebuild without it overwriting the tarball.

This of course depends on the rpm being created from the spec and the
tarball. There is probably something much simpler, but what would people
here recommend so I can install my patched items as an rpm?

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com